Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter Egg Pointillism

I saw these beautifully done, simple looking egg designs on Pinterest... Could I do this?


YES. Yes I can!

Time Length:
     Three minutes an egg

Difficulties: 
     Not having template stickers. I found images online and just used my eyes!
     Not knowing what animals to give what family members.

What made it easier:
     Simple designs.
     Being able to make the designs more exact - you can always make them smaller using the Sharpie.


2024 update:
I tried to put a teeny strip of painter's tape on the eggs before putting them in the color... I wanted to make smiling eggs. 
What made it easier:
     Put the tape on when the eggs are ROOM temperature. Hold it on for a minute or more bit before putting it in the dye.
And... here are some my cousin Cathe made this year!




No comments:

Post a Comment