Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter Bunny Cake

So when you see a bunny cake that looks as simple as this one I saw on Pinterest, you've just got to try it!

 You'll need two of these...

Cut one so it looks like a baseball - these will be the ears and bow tie.

 It fits perfectly on the homemade tray - 25 X 12 inches.

 Oh, no... SO MUCH CUT cake to frost!

 My love showing me how he'd frost the cut portion of the cake...

Without a mouth..

 The finished product!

Time Length:
    Typical baking time, and then an hour... just to frost!

Difficulties: 
     How the HECK do cake companies frost CUT cake?? I had to load on the frosting, then put another layer over that. (This made substituting applesauce for oil in the cake recipe a joke...) I checked on YouTube and found a few videos, but none on how to frost CUT cake. I found out later that I could freeze the cake for a bit... 
     Making a tray for the cake to go on. 

What made it easier:
     New round pans.
     Flour over the sprayed oil on the pans - they popped out without a hitch.
     The fact that my love had a strong piece of box to cut the tray and cover with foil.
     My love helping me stay patient - and showing how he'd frost the sides (put on a LOT, and place it there with a spatula).
     Getting more frosting, so I wasn't afraid of using it all.
     The fact that I really wanted to surprise my family with this cake. That was motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment