Sunday, June 30, 2013

Art

After seeing this pin of a seemingly simple piece of art, I knew I'd want to try it for SOMEthing. That something happened to be our newly-renovated (thanks, Bob!) bathroom!



Time Length:
     This took me about three hours - but that includes the canvas I messed up. This one here only took one hour.

Difficulties: 
     Wanting it to be perfect!
     My OCD kicking in - I wanted symmetry in the chaos.

What made it easier:
     Using the paint we already had for the bathroom wall and front door (darkest blue and lightest white). 
     Cheap foam paint brushes I could cut to different sizes.
     Small bottles of the three other colors I used - gray, light blue, and cream.
     The picture from the original website.
     Knowing that it's OKAY if it's not "perfect." (I did end up loving it!)

**Additional Note**
I saw a DIY on how to create this (although it's much more precise circles than what I had) on this blog post here. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. The project looks great, Joy! I'm going to try this art project over the summer.

    ReplyDelete