Sunday, June 30, 2013

New Teacher Gift

After seeing this pin of a beautiful letter "B" in pencils, I had to try this for our two new 7th grade ELA teachers at our school.


Time Length:
     About one day to purchase the supplies and begin sharpening, and another to put it all together, along with the cut out. This was a weekend project for me, but it could be done within a day.

Difficulties: 
     Blisters from sharpening pencils, until I decided to go ahead and use an electric one instead, even if I might ruin it (I didn't!).
     Figuring out what length would look the best, then gluing them down with the #2 side down.

What made it easier:
     Used a lineman pliers to cut the pencils down first, before sharpening the small ones.
     Cricut machine to cut the girl reading and grass. I love my Cricut!
     Dollar Store for the frames - take the glass out.


No comments:

Post a Comment